Be it cars, computers, laptops or home theaters, a pair of good speakers has become a necessity. However, there are a variety of options available in the market when it comes to choosing the perfect pair. Factors such as usage, taste and listening preferences of the user directly influence the decision-making process. With that being said, we have compiled a list of some of the top speaker manufacturers along with their products for you to consider.
Bose was founded in 1964 in America by its founder Amar Bose. It is essentially a private company that sells its products and provides services all across the globe with its headquarters based in Framingham, Massachusetts. When it comes to the world of speakers, Bose is one of the top companies in the world. Its products are known for delivering rich, clear, crisp and comprehensive sound. In monetary terms, Bose puts in a lot of money, researching and product developing which is perhaps the only reason behind its success. Furthermore, it also has several patents and trademarks to its name that further allows it to come out with products that have not crossed a music fanatic’s mind yet.
Bose since its birth has kept itself involved with developing and designing consumer electronic products such as car speakers, portable speakers, computer speakers, wireless speakers, stereo speakers and much more. These products come in a variety of shapes, colors and sizes.
- One of the best noise cancelling features
- Well-made products and compact
- Comparatively expensive to other brands
- Only focuses on products related to Audio
Sennheiser is known for consistently coming up with groundbreaking products. Sennheiser products feature some of the best audio balance out there. The brand targets both professionals and amateurs with its ever-impressive audio-tech. The company is located in Germany and was founded in 1945.
Sennheiser’s product range is budget friendly as they aim to provide almost everything for everyone. However, their professional line of products is high-end and comes out with top-of-the-line features and huge price tags.
- Good variety for both amateurs and professionals
- One of the best audio balanced products
- Budget friendly
- The professional line is a bit expensive
- Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless with Active Noise Cancellation
- Sennheiser HD 4.50 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation
Sony, a company known for producing high quality and versatile products is also well-renowned in the speaker industry. Compared to other prominent brands in the market, Sony has always come forward with its products in different price brackets not only providing everyone the chance to own a pair of speakers or headphones that matches your needs and budget.
Like many other Japanese, Chinese and Korean manufacturers, Sony believes in providing reliability, durability and value for money. Sony has one of the best bass boosted speakers out there as they truly understand how to make the features work without exaggerating either the mids or highs.
- Impressive Reliability and Durability
- One of the best bass boosted speakers
- Speakers for almost every price range
- Some products may not offer the best value for money
- Sony SSCS5 3-Way Bookshelf Speaker System
- Sony GTKXB90 Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS-XB32 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Harmon Kardon is a well-renowned manufacturer in the world of car and home audio equipment. It is a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics, which is a South Korean firm. Sidney Harmon and Bernard Kardon initially introduced the brand by founding its first division in 1953. The brand focuses on audiophiles in particular and aims to provide sound quality that is hard to compete with. It has, with time, achieved several accolades such as the Academy and Grammy awards. At the moment, it is settled in Stamford, Connecticut, from where it handles all its operations across the globe.
- Excellent quality products
- Impressive sound quality
- Produces one of the best Bluetooth speakers in the market
- Not much presence in the market today
- Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Harman Kardon Aura Studio 2 Bluetooth Speaker
KEF has been around for a while now, and it has earned significant recognition amongst music enthusiasts. KEF has always been known for producing one of the most technologically advanced and innovative products in the global market. It was founded by Raymond Cooke in 1961 and is of British origin and is owned by GP Acoustics Ltd.
KEF specializes in developing and distributing subwoofers, iPod speakers, and loudspeakers as well. Lastly, constant innovation and technical expertise have allowed KEF to earn several awards in the international market.
- Most KEF speakers feature innovative Uni-Q-driver
- Computer-Aided Design speakers
- Introduced Pair match technology
- Quite expensive
- KEF Surround Powered Bluetooth Speaker
- KEF Q150B Bookshelf Speakers
- KEF Q650c Center Channel Speaker
JBL is a subsidiary brand of Harman International. JBL has two divisions, consumers, and professionals that operate independently. This means that you can find a wide variety of speakers for both home and professional use. It was founded by James B. Lansing, who was the vice president of Engineering at Altec Lensing in 1945.
JBL is known for designing and developing products that produce excellent sound quality and are affordable as well. Not only are the products available in different designs but different colors as well. Today, their Flip Splashproof Portable Bluetooth speaker, amongst many, has received top-notch ratings and reviews from thousands of customers and users across the world.
- Huge variety of speakers
- Affordable speakers
- Good sound accuracy
- Lacks consistency in quality
- JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL PartyBox 300 Wireless Bluetooth System
- JBL Boombox Bluetooth Speaker
Philips is a Dutch origin conglomerate and was founded by Fredrik and Gerard Philips in 1891. The brand handles its operations via headquarters located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Today, Philips has a significant presence in the world of electronics. From speakers to electric shavers, it has successfully tapped almost every segment of the consumer market. It specializes in designing, marketing and manufacturing, of different speaker types, including wireless speakers, audio speakers and computer speakers. In addition to that, Philips has earned worldwide recognition by showcasing its responsibility towards the environment by implementing “Green Initiatives.”
- Budget-friendly products
- Well-built speakers
- Multi-purpose speakers
- Lacks bass quality
- Clarity needs to be worked on
- Philips Multimedia Speakers 2.0
- Philips Shoqbox Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Philips Bluetooth Boombox Speaker
Founded in 1946 by Paul W. Klipsch in Arkansas, USA was Klipsch. Klipsch offers products based on horn-loaded design which is also a driving force behind its technology in terms of sound, allowing it to provide a complete and dynamic sound profile. Even though the brand has come out with several unique designs over the years, the core principles tend to remain the same. The R-15M, R-26F and RS-42 are their top speakers. Klipsch specializes in manufacturing floor standing, surround sound and bookshelf speakers.
- Efficient speakers
- Little to no distortion
- Majority speakers do not feature Bluetooth or carrying handles
- Klipsch RP-600M Bookshelf Speakers
- Klipsch RP-240D Home Speaker
- Klipsch R-52C Center Channel Home Speaker
Polk has made itself popular in car audio products and speakers. Even though the company has a pretty limited market share Polk, however ensures that its products are given maximum attention to detail while offering the best features in the market.
Furthermore, what sets Polk speakers apart from other brands/manufacturers is that their products feature digital assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Its signature series S15, Atrium 4, T15 and TSi100 are some of the top speakers the brand itself offers.
- Speakers featuring digital voice assistants
- Remarkable attention to detail
- Good construction quality
- More variety should be offered
Don Givogue, Sandy Gross and ED Baise founded Definitive Technology in 1990. Even though their introduction to the speaker world dates back to the 90s, it is still a newcomer as compared to its competitors who have been around for more than 4 decades. However, Definitive Technology has quickly gained the attention of many music enthusiasts as some of their products have achieved prominent rewards. In addition to that, their surround sound technology is pretty impressive as well which focuses on providing the complete experience.
The brand offers a wide variety of products which include headphones, soundbars, bookshelf speakers and loudspeakers. The A90, D9, D7, W7, AW6500 and D11 are its top series, which feature advanced drivers competing directly with the likes of Pioneer and Bose.
- Wide variety of products
- Advance drivers
- Budget friendly products
- Majority products lack some advance features such as Bluetooth
- Definitive Technology ProMonitor Bookshelf Speaker
- Definitive Technology Procenter 2000 Speaker
- Definitive Technology AW500 Outdoor Speaker
Bowers & Wilkins
Bowers & Wilkins is a British company that was founded by John Bowers in 1966 with the headquarters located in Worthing, England. The brand is popular for adding unique features to its products such as leather which is not popular in many headphones in the market. Bowers & Wilkins specializes in making small speakers that are not only smart but also feature voice assistants in addition to standing floor speakers that are large.
If you look at the speaker portfolio of Bowers & Wilkins, you will definitely find something for yourself as their Matrix 801, P1, CM1, DM70, 800 Series Diamond and many more are the top offerings.
- Innovative products
- Impressive noise cancellation features
- Responsive Bluetooth connection
- Long-lasting battery life
- Some products are heavy in size
- Bowers & Wilkins M-1 Satellite Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins T7 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins Compact Subwoofer
Dynaudio offers high-end speakers which are at par with some of the top speaker brands. Dynaudio is a Danish company, which was founded in 1977 and has its headquarters settled in Skanderborg, Denmark. Their top-notch speaker quality has enabled them to target some of the top vehicle manufacturers such as Volkswagen, Volvo and even Bugatti. Professionals all around the world are known to use high-end products of Dynaudio. The Emit M20 bookshelf speaker is amongst their flagship offerings, which is a true reflection of how serious the brand is about the quality and features of its products.
- Impressive bass quality
- Remarkable construction quality
- Great value for money
- Dynaudio EMIT M10 Bookshelf Speaker
- Dynaudio EMIT M20 Monitor Speaker
- Dynaudio Special 40 Bookshelf Speakers
We hope that you are now familiar with some of the top speaker manufacturers along with their products. With each manufacturer trying to provide impressive sound quality and delivery, you cannot go wrong with any of them.